The Space Explorers Program is a free multi-year science enrichment program led by the University of Chicago Office of Civic Engagement in partnership with the Kavli Institute for Cosmological Physics (KICP). The program, which is open to 9th- to 11th-grade Chicago Public Schools students, gives participants the opportunity to engage with college-level math, science, and computer science course work; take part in industry and lab tours; meet and work with astronomers and physicists; interact with University faculty, staff, students, and labs; and develop skills for high school, college, and beyond.
In addition, the Office of Civic Engagement provides participants with access to a full suite of college readiness and access programming and partners with other UChicago units to create supplemental avenues for STEM engagement throughout the year.Download Program Flyer
Who We Serve
• Approximately 30 9th - 12th grade students each year
• Participants are selected based on interest and commitment to STEM-related coursework and activities
• Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
Apply here! Applications are due February 11, 2024.
Who is Eligible:
• Students in grades 9-11 who attend a Chicago Public School or Public Charter School in Chicago
• Intrinsically motivated students with a demonstrated interest in and commitment to STEM-related coursework and activities
Questions about the Space Explorers Program? Email email@example.com or call 773-702-8288.